Selling Bullion in Kansas City
Precious Metals & Gems is one of Kansas City’s largest dealers in gold coins, bullion, silver coins, and other collectibles and valuable precious metals. We have become the coin dealers of choice when someone is looking for a shop to buy gold bullion from them.
It’s easy to sell us your gold bullion, silver bullion, rare coins, silver bars, gold bars, or any other form of silver & gold you might have. We’ve been buying gold bullion for decades.
We also buy platinum, palladium bullion, and other weights of precious metals and pay top dollar. We also offer collateral loans, so if you need money, bring in your bullion today, and we will do everything possible to help you.
Selling Gold Coins and Bullion
When selling gold coins, silver coins, and bullion, you look at either the “spot” price or the collectible value of the item. “Spot” is whatever the current market value of gold, silver, platinum, palladium, and other precious metals. We have a live ticker for this on our website.
Some gold coins and silver coins have value beyond their raw metal weight. Whether it’s a rarity, a minting error, or a famous story – finding the treasures in the world makes for incredibly interesting work.
Here are a few examples of bullion and coins we look to buy every day:
- Silver and gold flatware – we have been buying flatware for years, and is often something that many people have and didn’t realize its value
- Morgan silver dollars and Walking Liberty coins – highly collectible and sought after, Morgan silver dollars and Walking Liberty coins are a great rare coin to have.
- Aussie Kangaroo and Philharmonics – these gold coins are from down under and have become more and more prevalent in the market.
- Chinese Pandas – another example of a foreign gold coin we see more of and love buying.
- American Silver Eagles – these are among the most popular silver coins we see, and we are always looking to purchase more of these to have on hand. They were bought in single or in rolls of 20 and have been in use since the mid-1800s.
- American rare coins – history tells us many a story, and the stories behind American rare coins are fascinating, from buffalo nickels to American Gold Eagles. Come in and speak with one of our staff who has an incredible amount of history to share about this kind of coinage.
- American gold eagles – like their silver cousins, these are among the most popular gold coins we see come through our coin shop. Minted in the mid-1800s thru today, they are offered in various gold weights and values.
- Older bullion coins – dimes, quarters, and half dollars minted in the mid-’60s and earlier have silver and can still be found in daily life – check your change!
- Maple Leafs – Maple Leafs are coins from Canada, and come in both silver & gold maple leafs, and are popular with investors across the globe.
- Krugerrands – the South African krugerrand was first minted in the late 1960s in South Africa and now can be found in both silver and gold Krugerrands.
- Numismatic collectibles – these can be made of gold and silver but are not legal tender currency – meaning their value is in their gold or sterling silver weight. At the same time, some may be valuable to Americana collectors and have a higher value. Mint sets, proof sets, and other items can round out a collection.
- Coin Collections – collecting is a great way to enjoy yourself and secure your finances. If you’ve found yourself in a spot where you want to see part or all of your coin collection, then come into our fine jewelry store, and we can give you a free appraisal.
Silver and gold bullion also comes in the form of gold bars, flatware, old jewelry (old gold) and many other forms. If you’re not sure of something, bring it into our store in Overland Park and help you out. We have been a silver and gold buyer and retailer for decades and have become one of the jewelers of choice in the Kansas City area.
We have years of experience in working with estate jewelry, fine jewelry, coin collections, buying and selling bullion, paper currency, and old gold, and pay top dollar.